Today was a day when the British weather reminded me of the late Sid James ...



Yesterday there was some pretty vile weather in West Cumbria - I got soaked and scratched by a hailstorm while delivering literature - but at one stage today despite warnings of snow and reports of bad conditions inland it was actually quite mild in the Whitehaven and Egremont area and I made the mistake of telling a colleague on the phone that so far we had escaped the worst of it.

If I believed in such things I would be convinced that some spiteful weather imp must have heard me. Shortly before 4pm there was a massive hailstorm in which the hail settled for a while like snow. There was enough ice on the roads that it became impossible for a typical car to climb some of the steeper roads in Whitehaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020