The Veep debate

Caught some of the debate between the two main Vice-Presidential candidates from my hotel before heading to the ICC for Theresa May's closing address to conference.

Enough to confirm me in the view that I would rather see either of them as President than the candidates at the head of their respective tickets.

Without wishing any personal harm to either Donald J Trump or Hilary Clinton, I am rather reminded of the comment that a British statesman was supposed to have made when he had a similar view of two candidates on the Republican ticket in the 1980 election.

"I'm a George Bush man, myself," said Norman Tebbit according to a British newspaper.

"I support the double ticket - Reagan and a heart attack."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020