Quote of the day 14th October 2016

David Dimbleby:
"Did you vote Leave to take your neighbour's job away?"

BBCQT Audience member
"No, I did it to take Emily Thornberry's job away."

(from last night's BBC Question time programme, which I was unable to watch live because BBC iPlayer kept interposing pop-up menus in Welsh asking if I have paid my TV licence fee. I have, but did not know how to give this response because I don't read Welsh.

As readers who have seen my post last night may have deduced, as I live several hundred miles' drive from Wales this was rather annoying!)

Comments

Jim said…
If it helps here is said menu in English.
Jim said…
If its what i think then your account on iPlayer has been set to welsh.

now I am not sure if your whole menu has been switched to welsh or not, but if so then the location of each button should be the same.

Hopefully these 3 screen shots will help out

step 1

step 2

step 3
Chris Whiteside said…
Thanks for your help, Jim. No, it's just he iPlayer which is set to Welsh, not my whole account. The rest recognises that I am in Cumbria and use English.

God knows how this happened, because I certainly didn't do it, and there does not appear to be a way of setting it back.

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020