Thoughts on the US Presidential Election

I've just done an internet quiz on the US presidential election - the sort which matches voters and candidates. (Link - http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/2576044037)

Because the Republican party often flirts with hardliners but usually picks someone who in US terms is reasonably mainstream, I usually find that such quiz exercises tell me to vote Republican, but not this time.

Neither Donald J Trump not Hillary R Clinton was in my top two: my best match was with Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson and an independent I have never heard of is my "second choice" in policy terms.

Of course the main question for many US voters for this time could well be "Of which of these candidates are you less terrified by the thought of their finger on the nuclear button?"

It's going to be an interesting election - in the Confucian sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020