Swimathon 2016/Sport Relief

Thanks again to everyone who has sponsored me for Swimathon 2016
I completed the 5,000 metre swim today - 270 lengths of Wigton baths - in one hour and 52 minutes.

That is an improvement of three minutes on last year's time.

Very tired but feeling a sense of achievement!
 

I am very, very grateful indeed to all the wonderful and generous people who have sponsored me to help transform lives for the better. A huge thank you to all of you. As of  this moment money given online via my giving page or pledged in person is running at £265 which is absolutely fantastic.

You can see how your generosity is adding up, or if you have not yet sponsored me and would like to, you can sponsor me online, at

http://my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/chriswhiteside

Sadly my son John went down with the dreaded lurgy and was not well enough to take part this time but is keen to try again last year.

Thanks also to the wonderful and highly supportive people at Wigton Baths for running the event and for all their help and encouragement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020