Quotes of the day 1st February 2016



[on that year's Eurovision Song contest] "Who knows what hellish future lies ahead? Actually I do, I've seen the rehearsals."

[on the TV science fiction show Blake's 7] "We've been discussing how many people there are in 'Blake's Seven' and why it doesn't have anyone called Blake in it."

"The Irish want you to like them. The English don't care if you like them or not."
 
"I was sitting at a table having lunch and Savile was sitting one up from me, and also up from me was Jean Rook. And Jimmy Savile got up to go to the loo, and she looked across at me and said: 'When are they going to expose him?' And I said 'that's your job.' And nobody ever did, even though everyone had heard the rumours. This whole Savile thing has poisoned everything."
 
[on Fanny Craddock] "The lethal combination of Margaret Thatcher and Vlad the Impaler."

[on Jon Pertwee] "He was a big man in every way, with a wonderful sense of humour and sense of the ridiculous. Last time we met in the Garrick Club, he was handing round a bag of fried locusts."

(all quotes from Sir Terry Wogan, whose death was announced yesterday)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020