All England Stone-skimming results

One of the happy memories of my childhood is my father teaching me to bounce flat stones off the surface of a lake or the sea.

In turn I taught the same skill to my own children when they were small.

I never realised it was a competitive sport, but apparently it is, and the All England championships were held in Cumbria at Fell Foot Park a few days ago. The winner, Kevin Waltham, set a new record by bouncing a stone for 86 metres along the surface of Windermere. Wow!

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/News/Barrow/New-record-set-at-England-Stone-Skimming-Championships-on-Windermere--1b96572e-41c4-4246-9063-5a39bd02b147-ds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020