I promised to repost this if the result justified it ....

During the election campaign while I was posting "music to relax after campaigning" I included the "Hallelujah Chorus" from the Messiah, purely because I love it as a piece of music.

Jim King, one of my regular commentators (who has been predicting a small Conservative majority and looks likely to have been proved right) suggested jokingly that I had put this up a few days early, and I replied that I would re-post it if the results justified doing so.

Since it is clear that David Cameron has been re-elected ...



And although the election is over, the battle to keep consultant-led maternity services and WCH and FGH is not, so I am still saying every day: #SupportOption1

Comments

Jim said…
Use the force Luke, Let go Luke ;o)
Jim said…
Thing is now that part is over, there is the much larger matter of preparing for a referendum.

this wont be made easy as DC is planning to go for an "impossible treaty change" which will miraculously work thanks to "the simplified procedure" of article 48 TEU which allows small changes to part 3 of TFEU. This is not going to be an easy one, and its one we may well lose, but then again we could consider it a dress rehearsal for the big one in around 2023 which will be a new treaty from the colleagues triggering the referendum lock, and most likely causing a second Membership referendum.
Jim said…
though going back to the music, i still think you would have been better with This one it just has more of that win factor about it.
Jim said…
one more point, the conservative party won it quite simply because they were the only ones to offer a credible In/out referendum.

its quite mad really, the man who my band of brothers (tha) have pushed for election, in one night becomes public enemy no 1, and the man whom we must defeat.

never let it be said politics is boring.
Chris Whiteside said…
Yes, I agree that "The Ecstasy of Gold" is a lovely piece of music, but as I'm a classical & church music buff most of the great music I know is in one of those categories!

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020