"Swimarathon" and Swimathon 2015

My son John and myself are gluttons for punishment this year. We are taking part in not one, but two Swimathons.
 
Tomorrow is the Whitehaven and District Lions club "Swimarathon" where people swim for an hour in teams to raise money for
 
1) a cause chosen by themselves, which in our case is the Pride of Cumbria Air Ambulance, and
 
2) the Whitehaven Lions contribution to the "James Burns Wish to Walk" campaign (which I was delighted to see has been successful)
 
And then on 19th April we will both be taking part in Swimathon 2015 in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care. I will be swimming 5,000 metres for the twenty-second consecutive year. My son is going for a slightly easier but still substantial challenge.

Marie Curie is the leading charity providing care and support to over 40,000 people with a terminal illness and their families across the UK.

A £5 donation will pay for 20 bereavement booklets for young people who’ve lost someone close to them. And £35 will pay for a slide sheet, used by Marie Curie Nurses to move terminally ill people safely in bed.

I will put up a link to my son's giving page for Swimathon 2015 later, but you can sponsor me online with the money going straight to Marie Curie cancer care on my Swimathon 2015 giving page at:

http://my.swimathon.org/sponsor/chriswhiteside1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020