Conference quote for Sunday 28th September

"There's no such thing as government money.

"The only money that government has is the money it takes from the taxpayer."

(Ruth Davidson, Leader of the Scottish Conservatives)

I had to hastily scrabble for pen and paper to get this one down and may not have the words absolutely right, but this was certainly the sense of what Ruth said - interrupted half way through by thunderous clapping, because she didn't need to finish the line before the audience realised what she was saying and warmly applauded.)

Comments

Jim said…
She phoned and asked if she could borrow it. Of course i agreed :)
Jim said…
A lot of what conservative members say makes a lot of sense. Usually since I was 18 I have voted for them due to this. I was even a member once.

Looking back over the last few years, however, I think it would be quite fair to say

"I never really left the conservative party, the conservative party left me"

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020