Swimathon 2013 result

Lots of smiles today in the Whiteside household, though I admit that both my son and myself are a little on the tired side this afternoon after completing our respective swimming challenges!

John completed his Swimathon 2013 challenge of 1000 metres - 40 lengths - in 50 minutes and we are very proud of him

I finished my 5,000 metres - 200 lengths - in one hour and fifty-five minutes. Which, as I have now completed this challenge in twenty consecutive years, that I have done a hundred kilometers in individual Swimathon charity events.

Another huge thank-you to all those who have already sponsored myself, my son, or both, for Swimathon 2013 in which we are raising money for Marie Curie cancer care. Between us we have so far raised well over £200 for cancer care.

Sponsorship has not yet closed: anyone who has not already sponsored us and would like to do so can support Marie Curie Cancer care by sponsoring either of us at the respective pages below.

My fundraising page:

Chris Whiteside's sponsorship page for Swimathon 2013

My son's fundraising page:

John Whiteside's sponsorship page for Swimathon 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020