Out of the mouths of Babes ...

Hat tip to The Motley Fool, reposted on Political Betting for the following anecdote.


"I recently asked my mate's little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up.

She said she wanted to be Prime Minister some day.

Both of her parents, Lib Dems, were standing there, so I asked her, 'If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you would do? '
She replied, 'I'd give food and council houses to all the homeless people!'

Her parents beamed with pride.

'Wow...what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'But you don't have to wait until you are Prime Minister to do that.

You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you £50... Then I'll take you over to Asda where the homeless guy hangs out and you can give him the £50 to use toward food and a new house!'


She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked,
'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the £50? '

I said, 'Welcome to the Tories.'

(My mate was not amused.)"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020