Chris Whiteside in Swimathon 2009

I will be taking part in Swimathon 2009 next week to raise money for charity, particularly Marie Curie Cancer care.

I hope to swim 5,000 metres e.g. 200 lengths of a 25 metre pool. When I was younger, fitter, and had more time for training I managed to get my time for the 5,000 metres down to an hour and twenty minutes, but this year I will be delighted to finish and doubly delighted if I can get my time within an hour and 45 minutes

You can read more about the Swimathon at http://www.swimathon.org/.

Swimathon have arranged for people to be able to sponsor swimmers and pay online. My sponsorship page is here.

and I would be most grateful to anyone who is kind enough to sponsor me and support this worthy cause.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020