Chris Whiteside in Swimathon 2007

I have just completed this year's Swimathon at Westminster Lodge pool.

At the time I checked the Swimathon website to decide where to do the swim this year, no pools in Cumbria appeared. I am not certain whether this was because none were taking part or because they were not listed on the website; I have since learned of other pools which only appeared on the website at a comparatively late stage.

Next year we will have to see if we can do anything to ensure that there are participating pools in Cumbria, as there have been in the past, and that they appear on the Swimathon Website in good time.

Anyway, I managed to complete the swim of 5,000 metres (150 lengths of Westminster Lodge) in one hour, fifty two minutes and thirty-five seconds. This is rather slower than the sort of time I used to take to complete the distance in my thirties but I'm reasonably happy with that time. Regardless of one's age I think one is entitled to some satisfaction at the an achievement of swimming more than three miles without a break.

Thanks to those who have already sponsored me: the first instalment of sponsorship money goes in the post to the Swimathon Foundation this morning; anyone else who would like to do so can still do so, you can contact me via a comment on this blog or can sponsor me via the Swimathon website http://www.swimathon.org/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nick Herbert on his visit to flood hit areas of Cumbria

Quotes of the day 19th August 2020

Quote of the day 24th July 2020